Friday, January 27, 2012

MEN, dressing your age?

Im 23. I've been clueless on fashion, as most men are. What does dressing your age entail? I see some guys my age dressing in fitted jeans with dress shirts all stylish looking, I see others wearing hip-hop sweatshirts marketed towards high schoolers, along with skater shoes and hats that have some graffiti logo on it. The list goes on, but in truth these clothing corporations market certain clothes to certain people - very specifically. And all these people have jobs, have girlfriends, but they somehow choose their look, or it was chosen for them.





so, my question. How do you figure out what dressing your age is supposed to mean? is is purely a superficial concept in american/european society?





I've always dressed for my lifestyle/activities. I look for function over form in clothes, always. As a result, women mostly ignore me, I often feel behind the times, or out of the social loop. Are the 'dress like yourself" and "dress nice like your supposed to" crowds different species?|||Just as much as you would probably not wear baggy khaki shorts with a belt, and a short sleeve pale plaid shirt, a sleeveless undershirt beneath and black socks with brown oxford shoes (standard geezer-wear) neither should old men wear ironic tee shirts, and baggy jeans down over their a*s cheeks.


There is some clothing best left to one age group or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment