Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Is it okay at a certain age NOT to know where you're going or work?

I'm 26, and even though I finished school/college and had a string of crappy jobs, and already settled down (with a guy), and don't really NEED to make ends meet, I feel like a total loser. I haven't found my path or career, and I'm not happy about it. I feel like by my age or 30 at the very latest, if I haven't found my calling, that it's too late, and that I never will, or at least I'll look REALLY bad to the general public.





I'm sorry but, our society places SO much importance on success and all that bs, and I'm obviously not.





I especially hate it when I have to answer to people when they ask me what I do where I work and I just say nothing, I'm at home, don't know what I'm going to do yet, and they just go "oh."





It's expected of us, especially men, to work and be useful, and





I feel like the party kid that never grew up.





And when you're my age, it's not cute anymore lol.





It's easy to just "get a job," but not one you really like.





I refuse to do something I hate.|||I never found a job I liked. So I have taken long periods of time off between crappy jobs. During this time off, I have found what I truly believe that I want to do and I'm going back to college to do it. I'm older than you, so it's never too late.





I hate it when people ask those questions. I always want to say "None of your business". You could say " I'm in-between jobs" And of course the in-between time could last indefinitely. Ask yourself what you really want to do and when you want to do it. And realize that other people are just nosy and you are the one that actually has to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment