Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why do I have a fear of certain men?

Since I was school aged my mom had to request that i had all female teachers. And in middle school when she couldn't request that anymore, I would have panic attacks around certain men. ONLY certain ones, in their 30's or late 20's and it's really weird. They are usually teachers and doctors, and even to this day (I am 17 now) I had to switch guidance counselors because it was to uncomfortable with a man. And at first I will be attracted to them but then I will get uncomfortable. My mother even took me to a psychiatrist and she asked if I had ever been molested and I haven't, do you think something like that could have happened before I could have remembered, or what could have triggered it? How can I find out?|||Bearing in mind I'm not a psychiatrist, it sounds like an attraction thing to me, possibly sexual. Difficult to make any statement beyond that without further knowledge.


My suspicion is that you are very strongly attracted to them but are freaked out by it. This is most likely as a result of a number of factors such as Western social conditioning that tries to preclude females from sexual awareness, your own concern about the 'animal' within or just your own insecurity.


It is my experience that most women are unaware or even scared of the depths that lie within and only a few dare to unleash the 'monster' that lies buried.


Well it's a shot. I could be completely wrong but there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment